We put our heads together to come up with some great eco-friendly ideas for Mother’s Day this year. Here are our favorite gifts to show some love to both your mom and Mother Earth:
Need some simple gifts to make with your little ones? Try these:
- Cardboard photo cubes (tutorial by Tara Dennis)
- Decorated votive candles (tutorial by Parents.com)
- Home state wall-art (great one for detail-oriented older kids – tutorial from The Harpster Home)
Don’t Call the Florist – You Got This!
Check out these great flower-inspired ideas.
- Living succulent wreath (Isn’t this gorgeous? Check out Succulent and Sunshine‘s great tutorial and make your own before Sunday.)
- Seed kits (For moms with a green thumb – check out these options from Urban Farmer or go to a garden store and make your own!)
- Paper flowers (Bloom all year round! Check out Curbly’s tutorial.)
Green Gifts That Give Back – No Shipping Required
Need a present for Mom but you’re miles apart? Check out Make It Right’s Green Gifts. You can give plants for a community garden, playground equipment, a gallon of paint, historic restoration and more in your Mom’s name. We’ll email her a cheerful card detailing your gift with a special message from you. Happy Mothers’ Day to all our moms!